Structural Designer (Communications Towers)
June 28, 2019
Located in the Montreal Area
Our client is an engineering consulting firm specializing in wireless communications structures engineering as well as the field of civil engineering (buildings). They are currently looking for a structural designer (communications towers).
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the design manager, your job will mainly consist of producing sketches and designs, mainly for wireless communications systems. You will be involved from the design phase through to the step of sending the finalized designs to the client. As such, you will:
- Produce designs to be approved, submitted, and built, in keeping with the various clients' standards, as well as the company's own standards;
- Evaluate project needs when receiving the project: whether or not a plan is required, the extent of the work, the number of units and types of technologies to be implemented;
- Carry out projects in keeping with schedules set by management;
- Take care of producing designs from conceptualization through to sending them to the client;
- Communicate with the client occasionally upon request from management;
- Send preliminary designs to clients and follow up on them;
- Keep the head of operations informed of progress and the status of your projects. Inform him or her of any situations that might jeopardize the integrity of the project or the completion date or delivery date of the project;
- Bring up and document problems as they arise in order to share them and find solutions to improve working methods and processes;
- Contribute to minimizing the time required to complete each project;
- Perform your work on projects carefully, taking the time to thoroughly and diligently check for errors in order to produce an error-free project with no omissions;
- Manage priorities in concert with management;
- Keep the completion schedule up to date;
- Act as a technical reference person for less experienced designers;
- Carry out any other task related to your duties.
- College diploma in architecture or civil engineering, vocational diploma in building design, or any other relevant studies;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience;
- Experience with communications tower design;
- Proficient with AutoCAD;
- Good working knowledge of English (reading and writing).
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.