Project Manager, Ventilation and Air Conditioning
February 25, 2019
Located in the Montreal area
Our client is a building mechanicals contractor, specializing in building control and regulation systems, as well as in sales and installation of air conditioning, ventilation and heating systems. They mainly serve a client base in the commercial sector, but also the industrial sector. They are currently looking for a ventilation and air conditioning project manager.
Nature of position
In cooperation with company management, your job will be to plan, organize, oversee, and control various ventilation and air conditioning projects within the set budget and deadlines, in addition to working on business development. As such, you will:
- Meet with clients and develop business relationships;
- Respond to invitations to tender, prepare bids, and put together project estimates;
- Manage plans, specifications, and addenda, and manage related calls to tender and contracts;
- Coordinate the drafting of projects;
- Coordinate work at sites and see to it that work on projects is carried out properly, in keeping with the general schedule of each one (schedule, labour needs, equipment required, etc.);
- Manage supply: analyze needs, purchases, and deliveries, and validate materials lists on site;
- Work closely with team members, contractors, professionals, clients, employees, and suppliers, and make sure all parties are satisfied overall;
- Perform administrative and technical follow-up and take care of notices of change;
- Carry out any other task related to your duties.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, college diploma in building mechanicals, or other relevant engineering studies;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience;
- Highly skilled at reading plans;
- Proficient with the MS Office suite;
- A thorough knowledge of AutoCAD software is considered an asset;
- Excellent knowledge of both spoken and written French;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as well as communication skills with clients, suppliers, professionals and anyone else involved in projects;
- Must hold a valid driver's licence.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.