Engineer in Charge of Electrical Engineering and Automation
April 15, 2019
Located in the Montérégie region
Our client is a company that specializes in the design, manufacture, and installation of automated equipment. They have clients in North America, Europe, Asia, and Africa. They are currently looking for an engineer in charge of electrical engineering and automation.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the CEO, your job will mainly consist of developing and managing projects, from concept development through to assembly and start-up of equipment in the plant, as well as managing the electrical engineering department and its staff. As such, you will:
- Coordinate projects involving new technologies;
- Guide employees and demonstrate active leadership within the department;
- Ensure that established standards are respected;
- Program automatons, drives, user interfaces, and other components related to equipment automation (PLCs, Allen-Bradley, Bosch);
- Take charge of process optimization;
- Provide the technical support required for problem solving on various projects;
- Test and prepare factory equipment;
- Take part in the installation and start-up of equipment on-site for clients;
- Offer clients remote technical support;
- Offer technical support to the sales and after-sales service departments;
- Work alongside mechanical engineering staff;
- Carry out any other task related to your duties.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or automated production engineering, or other relevant engineering studies;
- Member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec;
- Experience with motion control;
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience;
- Substantial experience programming automatons;
- Experience managing a team is considered an asset;
- Functionally bilingual (spoken and written French and English);
- Knowledge of mechanical engineering (an asset);
- Knowledge of Bosch/Rexroth systems (an asset);
- Available for occasional trips abroad.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.