Process, Quality and Product Engineer
April 18, 2019
Located in the Lower Laurentians Region
Our client is a well-established manufacturing company that specializes in the design, development, manufacture, and sales of composite products for the electrical and industrial sectors, with an international client base. They are currently looking for a process, quality and product engineer.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the Director of Operations, you will be responsible for the design, manufacturing instructions and quality control parameters of products manufactured by the company, in addition to product testing and certification and the development of new products. As such, you will:
- Design the various products manufactured by the company;
- Ensure that these products hold to the integrity of mechanical properties and characteristics represented in the whole of the company's literature;
- Make sure that products comply with design requirements and with applicable standards (UL, CSA, NEMA);
- Work with others on certification audit efforts and follow up on CSA and UL standards with QA and QC staff;
- Write up technical reports on research and development and on testing;
- Work on technical development and all other aspects related to the potential of new products or requests from sales;
- Regularly update all technical information for all products manufactured by the company both in terms of design and manufacturing parameters and in terms of promotional and business development tools;
- Provide sales technical support to our suppliers when necessary;
- Serve as the main contact person for any technical questions from internal and external clients (Technical Support - Products);
- Communicate effectively with all departments;
- Provide workplace health and safety leadership;
- Work alongside the engineer in charge of quality and continual improvement to actively contribute to publishing, validating, and updating the technical drawings for all products manufactured by the company;
- Carry out any other tasks related to your duties.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering;
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in the manufacturing sector;
- Knowledge of composite products;
- Member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec;
- Good command of the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook);
- Proficient with parametric 3D design software such as SolidWorks;
- Functionally bilingual (spoken and written French and English);
- Knowledge of continual improvement and problem-solving processes.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.