Project Manager (Civil Engineering Works)
May 16, 2019
Located in the Quebec City Area
Our client is a small company that is well-established in Quebec, offering engineering consulting services and general contractor in the fields of the environment, forestry, geomatics, and civil engineering. They have developed a special relationship and partnerships with many indigenous communities in Quebec. They are currently looking for a project manager.
Nature of position
Sous la supervision du directeur des travaux civils, vous aurez pour mandat principal d’effectuer la planification, l'organisation, la direction et le contrôle des travaux de divers projets en plus de participer à l’estimation des coûts de projets. À ce titre, vous verrez à:
- Be involved in managing various civil engineering projects;
- Take part in developing bids and estimates;
- Establish work schedules;
- Plan work teams;
- Contribute to setting up budgets for various projects and producing various reports;
- Highlight the potential risks of projects being bid upon;
- Track project costs;
- Work in synergy with partners (primarily indigenous companies);
- Communicate with clients about any project issues;
- Prepare preliminary budgets for certain projects;
- Negotiate final costs with subcontractors;
- Manage projects;
- Participate in various site meetings (management, technical, and coordination);
- Take care of administrative aspects of sites: reports, notices of change and/or extra or any other project amendments;
- Ensure that quality standards are followed as stipulated in contract documents;
- Carry out any other tasks related to your duties.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering, bachelor's degree in construction engineering, college diploma in civil engineering, or other relevant studies;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the field;
- Knowledge of Quebec construction laws and regulations;
- Available to work anywhere in the province of Quebec;
- Word, Excel, and MS Project skills;
- Valid class 5 driver's license;
- Excellent command of spoken and written French and English.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.