Project Manager (forest engineering)
May 16, 2019
Located in the Quebec City Area
Our client is a small company that is well-established in Quebec, offering engineering consulting services in the fields of the environment, forestry, geomatics, and civil engineering. They have developed a special relationship and partnerships with many indigenous communities in Quebec. They are currently looking for a project manager.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the director of forest work, your job will primarily consist of ensuring that the various various contracts (primarily deforestation) assigned to you are carried out smoothly. As such, you will:
- Take part in planning and organizing projects;
- Supervise a work team;
- Be responsible for client relations (respecting contract conditions and schedule, as well as quality assurance for the work);
- Negotiate agreements with subcontractors and suppliers;
- Track costs and budgets;
- Prioritize worker safety and the protection of the environment;
- Carry out any other tasks related to your duties.
- Bachelor's degree in forest management and environment, in wood engineering, or in forestry operations; a forest technician diploma; or other relevant studies;
- Minimum of one year of relevant experience;
- Available to work anywhere in the province of Quebec;
- Word, Excel, and MS Project skills;
- Valid class 5 driver's license;
- Excellent command of spoken and written French and English.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.