May 24, 2019
Located in the Montreal Area
Our client is a major food processing company that is currently looking for a process engineer for one of its plants.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the plant manager, your job will primarily consist of providing technical support for operations and maintenance and proactively identifying process improvements that could be implemented to reduce costs, improve efficiency, and/or increase materials recovery in order to diminish losses. As such, you will:
- Work on continual improvement to day-to-day operations with the help of the team members and develop and propose the capital expenditures that would be necessary to support these improvements and manage projects;
- Work closely with the team on managing performance indicators, such as line efficiency and improvements to management indicators;
- Support the maintenance department by validating maintenance priorities during scheduled shutdowns in cooperation with supervisors, updating the work orders carried out by the supervisors and serving as technical support;
- Support the engineering department in concept / layout / schedule validation, provide specific data (operations statistics), and demonstrate their validity to all concerned parties;
- Carry out any other tasks related to your duties.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, industrial engineering, or electrical engineering;
- Member of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec;
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience;
- Expertise and factory manufacturing experience and familiarity with continuous improvement concepts (Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Kaizen, etc.);
- Proficient with AutoCAD or other design software.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.