June 12, 2019
Located in the Montérégie Region
Our client is a rapidly-growing company that specializes in managing and treating residual liquid or semi-liquid materials that mainly come from agri-food companies. They are currently looking for a process engineer.
Nature of position
Answering to the director of engineering, your job will mainly consist of managing the full range of process engineering projects, including a slaughterhouse wastewater treatment plant and the construction of a biomethanization and biofertilizer production plant. In addition, you will be involved in improvement projects for the existing effluent treatment plant and you may be called upon to take part in start-up of a sludge treatment plant. Once construction is finished, you will work on implementing new processes, then on operational oversight, on monitoring quality, on analyzing anomalies, and on other tasks related to operations and production. As such, you will:
- Manage projects (monitor schedules and budgets, coordinate with various trade associations involved, support the field supervisor, and verify that the works are compliant) for the process engineering file;
- Serve as the main technical contact person regarding process components for contractors and equipment suppliers;
- Manage and coordinate merchandise receiving (customs clearance, transport, etc.);
- Take part in choosing suppliers, revise bids and contracts, and participate in site meetings;
- Take part in plant start-up: VPO, procedures, recruitment, and staff training;
- Manage documentation related to projects with the outside firm;
- Monitor processes (diagnostics of anomalies);
- Provide support to the teams at the treatment station and the manufacturing plant, as needed;
- Take part in various improvement projects;
- Manage communications with the Ministère de l'environnement;
- Carry out any other task related to your duties.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, or biotech engineering, or other relevant education;
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience;
- Experience working with processes is considered a significant asset;
- Trained in project management (an asset);
- Able to work under pressure and to work in cooperation with the various parties involved;
- Functionally bilingual (spoken and written French and English).
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.