Logistics and Continuous Improvement Engineer
September 12, 2019
Located in the Montreal area
Our client, a large company, firmly established in North America for several years, positioning itself as a leader in the distribution market of a wide range of products is currently looking, for its facilities in the Laval region, a logistics and continuous improvement engineer.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the Logistics and Informatics Director and as part of a succession process for the Director, your main mandate will be to ensure continuous improvement of the processes, distribution infrastructure and computerized system to improve the productivity, efficiency and cost-effectiveness of operations. To do this you will design, improve, install and manage integrated systems at the logistics level. As such you will:
- Develop diagnoses and recommendations for problem solving;
- Performing process and process reengineering to obtain the best return on investment;
- Implement various key performance indicators and ensure ongoing monitoring and evaluation;
- Monitor progress using detailed action plans;
- See to the development of the layout plan for the Laval main warehouse (165,000 square feet);
- Establish time and movement studies for operations;
- Optimize the layout of departments using engineering tools;
- Develop process mapping;
- Review the ergonomics of workstations;
- Facilitate continuous improvement meetings such as Kaizen or others;
- Implement quality control procedures to resolve issues, maximize service reliability and minimize costs;
- Recommend methods to improve the use of personnel, equipment and services;
- Apply statistical methods to determine logistics processes and personnel requirements;
- Study the sequence of operations and the logistics flow;
- Identify activities without added value and make the required changes;
- Optimize workflow programs according to the sequences of operations;
- Ensure the steering and maintenance of improvements to the logistics;
- Perform any other tasks that are compatible with your duties.
- BAC in Industrial Engineering, Operations and Logistics Engineering or other relevant training;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience;
- Excellent fluency in English and French (spoken and written);
- Experience with wholesalers or distributors and knowledge of the business processes of a distribution centre will be considered an important asset;
- Practical experiences in the application of continuous improvement tools;
- Very good knowledge of the Ms Office suite.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.