Building Project Supervisor
June 11, 2018
Located in the Laval Area
Our client is a construction contractor that specializes in building turnkey industrial building construction projects (design-built). They are currently looking for a project supervisor.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the Construction Director, your job will be to plan, design, organize, oversee, and control various projects within specified budgets and timeframes, working closely with the project team (superintendent, estimator, coordinator). As such, you will:
- Familiarize yourself with the projects entrusted to you by management;
- See projects through to completion, starting from acceptance to final payment;
- Plan work teams;
- Prepare budgets and budgetary controls;
- Organize the site and identify needs;
- Call and participate in various types of site meetings (administrative, technical, and coordination);
- Get approval for extra work;
- Write up follow-up and progress reports;
- Prepare requests for payment, approve and recommend disbursements to subcontractors;
- Prepare and work in keeping with schedules between subcontractors and follow up on them;
- Work alongside management to monitor construction costs and prepare follow-up reports;
- Serve as a liaison between suppliers, subcontractors, and others with regards to projects for which you are responsible;
- Negotiate final costs with subcontractors;
- Take care of administrative aspects of work sites: reports, notice of change and/or extra and anything else that comes up in the course of a project;
- Ensure that quality standards are respected as stipulated in contractual documents;
- Carry out any other task related to your duties.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering, construction engineering, or architecture; college diploma in civil engineering or architecture, or any other relevant education/training;
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience doing project management for a general contractor;
- Experience with industrial projects;
- Bilingual (spoken and written French and English);
- Strong management, communication, negotiation, and problem solving skills;
- Knowledge of the MS Office Suite and MS Project.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.