Software embedded developer
November 27, 2018
Located in the Montreal Area
Our client is a company specializing in the development and sales of highly adaptable advanced detection solutions, primarily for the transport sector (automotive, drones, industrial and commercial vehicles, etc.). They have an international client base. In order to pursue their significant growth, our client is currently looking for a software embedded developper.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the director of software engineering, your job will primarily be to participate in the development of embedded software for the new products of the company in addition to collaborate in the development of the organization. As such, you will:
- Participation in the development of product software architectures;
- Embedded software development running in real time on ARM processors;
- Development of low-level software layers;
- Implantation and optimization of signal processing algorithms;
- Code review;
- Running unit tests and code coverage;
- Getting started and verification and validation tests;
- Attend meetings relevant to this function;
- Collaborate well with colleagues;
- Help carry out the organization’s administrative procedures;
- Keep knowledge current;
- Carry out any other task related to your duties.
- Bachelor's degree in computer engineering, electrical engineering, physical engineering or other relevant field;
- 5 years of experience in similar tasks;
- In-depth knowledge of C languages;
- Knowledge of C ++, Python, Matlab and NumPy languages would be assets, as well as knowledge of the UML modeling language;
- Experience in developing complex embedded software running in real time;
- Experience applying rigorous coding standards (MISRA), unit testing and code coverage;
- Experience in "V-Cycle" development and Agile development methods;
- Able to work in English and French;
- Relevant experience in application development methodologies based on functional safety principles would be an asset;
- Knowledge of the QNX or AUTOSAR operating system would be an asset.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.