Instrumentation, Control, and Automation Technician
August 20, 2019
Located in the Montérégie region
Our client is a rapidly growing company that specializes in the management and treatment of liquid or semi-liquid residual matter, mainly from agri-food companies. They are currently looking for an instrumentation, control, and automation technician.
Nature of position
Answering to the managing director, your job will be to oversee the execution and proper functioning of the capitalization project and controls that will be entrusted to you, in addition to organizing and controlling activities related to the maintenance of process control systems and equipment, as well as the automation of the plant's processes. As such, you will:
- Carry out project management of automation and controls (schedule and budget tracking, coordinating with the various tradespeople involved, supporting the site supervisor, and verifying that the work is in compliance);
- Serve as the primary technical contact person for process / instrumentation / automation with contractors and equipment suppliers;
- Take part in the commissioning of the plant;
- Manage the documentation related to projects with the outside firm;
- Perform maintenance and servicing of industrial electronics units;
- Set up and calibrate equipment in order to always provide optimal production performance;
- Take part in improving and installing equipment and machinery when required;
- Provide the requisite coaching and support to operational units, in accordance with your expertise;
- Carry out any other task related to your duties.
- College diploma in industrial electronics, industrial maintenance, or electrical engineering, vocational diploma in automated systems electromechanics, or other relevant training;
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience;
- Good working knowledge of programmable automatons and of instrumentation and control;
- Process experience is considered a significant asset.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.