Our client, a major manufacturing company is currently looking for an environment manager.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the company's management, your mandate will be to support the management of the environmental program and coordinate activities related to environmental monitoring in accordance with the laws and standards in effect. In addition, you will promote good environmental practices within the company. As such you will :
- Obtain necessary permits and approvals, prepare environmental reports, coordinate monitoring and testing of wastewater discharges, air emissions and waste streams ;
- Be the primary point of contact for various environmental agencies ;
- Negotiate environmental conditions and requirements with government agencies associated with environmental licenses and permits ;
- Develop and implement environmental strategies and action plans to ensure compliance with environmental regulations and corporate requirements ;
- Approve programs in conjunction with engineering staff for the production department. Review production, quality control, logistics, maintenance and mining reports and statistics to plan and modify production activities. Manage departmental key performance indicators ;
- Incorporate sustainability and environmental management practices into daily operations and decision making at the plant. Prepare the department budget and monitor the expenditure of funds within the budget ;
- Liaise with the community on environmental issues; coordinate public hearings and consultations on environmental issues ;
- Ensure that all required reports are completed on time and that appropriate safeguards are included in the defined policies and procedures ;
- Promote and raise awareness at all levels of the organization of the impact of emerging environmental issues on legal, corporate, ethical and social responsibility ;
- Train personnel at all levels of the organization on environmental issues and responsibilities ;
- Conduct audits, analyze and report on environmental performance to internal and external customers and regulatory agencies ;
- Commit to minimizing the plant's energy consumption ;
- Carry out every other task compatible with your functions.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline (environment, engineering, science) or other relevant training ;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience ;
- Superior communication, organizational and time management skills as well as strong research and problem solving skills ;
- Functional bilingualism (spoken and written English and French) ;
- An understanding of provincial and federal environmental compliance standards and regulations and permitting regimes.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to the candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.