Our client, a company specializing in water and wastewater treatment solutions for industrial and municipal customers, is currently seeking a Start-up Engineer.
Nature of position
Reporting to the Commissioning Supervisor, you will manage and execute the various phases of commissioning of water treatment equipment/projects and ensure that commissioning activities are completed in an efficient and cost-effective manner in accordance with specifications, standards and safety requirements. You will act as an expert in recommending solutions to various engineering problems. As such you will :
- Manage and execute the various phases of the start-up of water treatment and/or sanitation systems and facilities in the field ;
- Participate, with various company stakeholders, in the design of the treatment process and recommend solutions to engineering problems ;
- Handle various chemicals, systems according to health and safety standards ;
- Perform analysis and calibration of instrumentation and Jar tests ;
- Manage sludge treatment methods, technologies, and processes ;
- Operate, troubleshoot, and maintain air compressors, slurry pumps, and chemical pumps of various types ;
- Commissioning pneumatic systems and setting up various types of control valves and flow meters ;
- Write standard operating procedures, manuals, and training materials and be able to train the customer ;
- Conduct on-site kick-off meetings with customers and managers ;
- Verify site layout to ensure compatibility with as-built drawings ;
- Carry out every other task compatible with your functions.
- Bachelor's degree in chemical, mechanical, civil, electrical engineering or other relevant training ;
- Master's degree in water treatment or equivalent experience (an asset) ;
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant field or laboratory experience in applied chemical process research (an asset) ;
- Experience in process mechanics, water treatment, chemical processes or other relevant experience ;
- Available to travel (between 40 and 50% of the time) ;
- Mastery of Google environment software ;
- Possess a vehicle and a valid driver's license ;
- Bilingualism in French and English (spoken and written).
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to the candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.