Our client, a school board serving the North Shore of Montreal, is currently seeking a Project Manager - Capital Projects for its Material Resources Department.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the Investment Coordinator, your main mandate will be to supervise and coordinate construction, renovation and improvement projects. In addition, you will assume a role of consulting services and functional expertise with the managers of the school board to promote optimal management of the department. As such you will :
- Produce or arrange for the production of technical documents required for the planning of construction projects for new buildings and the development and renovation of existing buildings ;
- Supervise the execution of work performed by professional firms and external contractors while ensuring the quality of the work ;
- Ensure effective and efficient planning, execution and management of projects ;
- Ensure the budgetary follow-up of the projects under his responsibility ;
- Collaborate in the development of calls for tenders ;
- Participate, upon request, in the consultative process for the development of the Board's orientations and strategies with regard to material resources and school transportation services, and more specifically to his/her sector ;
- Participate, upon request, in the development and updating of policies, systems, standards and procedures related to his or her sector of activity and ensure their implementation ;
- Ensure compliance with the regulations and standards of the school board ;
- Carry out every other task compatible with your functions.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, architecture or other relevant education ;
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience ;
- Mastery of French and English (spoken and written);
- Mastery of Microsoft Word, Excel ;
- Experience in planning and execution of renovation, construction and minor and major maintenance projects;
- Be a member of the l’Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec or of the Ordre des architects du Québec (an asset) ;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project software will be considered an asset.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to the candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.