Our client, a school board covering the North Shore of Montreal, is currently looking for a Coordinator - Maintenance Department for its facilities in the Laurentides region.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the Director of Material Resources and Transportation, you will be responsible for the overall coordination, supervision, evaluation, research and development of one or more programs and activities related to property management. More specifically, you will be responsible for managing activities related to the preventive and curative maintenance of buildings and school board facilities, the smooth operation of various systems, the availability of materials, calls for tender and contract follow-up, the protection of movable and immovable assets, energy management and the use of premises, spaces and equipment. In addition, you will act as an expert in consulting services and functional expertise for school board managers to promote optimal management of material resources. As such you will :
- Participate, upon request, in the consultative process aimed at developing the Board's orientations and strategies with regard to material resources services, particularly in his sector of activity and, where applicable, collaborate in determining the annual action plan ;
- Manage the operating and capital budgets for maintenance activities ;
- Participate in and coordinate the implementation, development and application of preventive maintenance rules and procedures ;
- Ensure that all activities related to the protection of movable and immovable assets are carried out ;
- Ensure that all preventive and corrective maintenance work is carried out ;
- Coordinate the development and implementation of building maintenance programs ;
- Assume responsibility for security systems and surveillance of equipment, buildings and grounds ;
- Manage the implementation and monitoring of the infrastructure management platform (GIEES) ;
- Ensure the smooth running of all systems related to the operation, maintenance and protection of the commission's facilities ;
- Collaborate in the promotion and application of occupational health and safety rules ;
- Collaborate in the preparation of maintenance tenders and the selection of service providers ;
- Collaborate in drafting, negotiating and monitoring service contracts ;
- Ensure the development, implementation and updating of an inventory and verification system for equipment requiring maintenance ;
- Collaborate in the development of the staffing plan and budget allocation ;
- Ensure the availability of all equipment required for the maintenance of the Commission's facilities ;
- Assume assigned energy management responsibilities ;
- Participate, on request, in the development of policies relating to the layout and use of premises, spaces and equipment ;
- Evaluate the training needs of personnel under his/her responsibility ;
- Participate in the preparation of the budget for his/her area of activity, and monitor it on request ;
- Ensure the availability, operation and proper use of equipment and materials ;
- Participate in the development and updating of information resources ;
- Review and rationalize administrative practices within its area of activity ;
- Represent, on request, the school board or administrative unit on matters relating to its area of activity ;
- Carry out every other task compatible with your functions.
- Bachelor degree in a relevant field of study (such as building engineering or architecture) ;
- At least 5 years' relevant experience;
- Be a member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec or the Ordre des architectes du Québec.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to the candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.