Our client is an organization whose mission is to help Quebec society better adapt to climate change. To do this, it plays the role of a boundary organization aimed at ensuring links and cohesion between the scientific community and adaptation stakeholders. Offering a shared leadership approach, our client stimulates an evolving research environment where each player takes ownership of the issues and actively contributes to the solutions. In order to pursue its mission, our client is currently looking for a scientific programming coordinator in energy security and climate change.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the head of the Adaptation Science Coordination team, your main mandate will be to participate in the development and coordination of integrated scientific programming in adaptation to climate change, mainly in relation to energy security, in collaboration with a multitude of academic, governmental and non-governmental partners. As such, you will see to:
- Manage one of the priorities for adaptation to climate change, namely that aimed at “Supporting an energy system in line with climate reality”;
- Develop and coordinate scientific programming made up of a portfolio of projects aimed at supporting the analysis and implementation of adaptation solutions targeting the different dimensions of the energy system to ensure its security and sustainability in the face of hazards climate (e.g. renewable energies, supply chains, energy demand, energy poverty, etc.);
- Implement an integrated deployment strategy with internal and external stakeholders;
- Ensure consistency between R&D and the current and future needs of adaptation stakeholders;
- Ensure the implementation of a calendar of activities;
- Exercise leadership among adaptation stakeholders;
- Support users in their adaptation process;
- Act as an expert by advising general management, members, partners and strategic stakeholders on the issues for this sector of activity;
- Promote best practices to reduce climate risks in the context of an energy and ecological transition that focuses on electrification;
- Contribute to the development and consolidation of a broader adaptation network (Quebec, Canada, and possibly international);
- Act as a resource person and ensure the representation of the team and the organization's mission to different target audiences;
- Develop and maintain trusting relationships with the network to maximize programming success;
- Contribute to the valorization and dissemination of knowledge produced to a variety of audiences;
- Actively contribute to the deployment of other programming adaptation priorities in close collaboration with colleagues;
- Perform any other tasks compatible with your duties.
- University degree in a discipline relevant to the functions, such as in the fields of energy, the environment or climate change;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience associated with the operation and characteristics of the energy system;
- Any combination of training and experience deemed relevant;
- Experience in developing multidisciplinary projects related to the energy field;
- Good knowledge of the research environment, government circles, professionals and companies in the different energy sectors;
- Solid knowledge of Quebec's energy issues and with an innovative vision of the future of the sector;
- Have a good understanding of the issues related to adaptation to climate change;
- Good planning and coordination skills, while demonstrating dynamism, autonomy and flexibility;
- Solutions-oriented, mobilizing leadership, quality of judgment and excellent priority management;
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multi-institutional context in co-construction and collaboration;
- Excellent ability to communicate relevant information (strategic and scientific) and maintain solid links with a diversity of stakeholders associated with the energy sector;
- Excellent ability to lead meetings with diverse stakeholders (internal, professionals, researchers, etc.);
- Have a collaborative network in the energy sector at the local, regional and provincial level (a strong asset).
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.