Our client, a company whose mission is to manage, operate and maintain various transport infrastructures, whose activities are divided into engineering, construction and maintenance operations is currently seeking, to continue improving the quality and efficiency of its services, for an Engineer Environment and Sustainability Department.
Nature of position
Reporting directly to the Director, Environment and Sustainable Development, the incumbent actively participates in the department’s environmental and sustainable development action plan as well as in the achievement of objectives. These objectives include, among others, the following: implementation of the environmental risk assessment and control, environmental compliance, enhancement of biodiversity, characterization, inventory and remediation of the territory. In particular, the incumbent acts as a resource person for environmental assessment and actively participates in the development and implementation of the sustainable development strategy. He acts as a privileged interlocutor with external stakeholders, leads public consultations and coordinates interactions with stakeholders. He ensures the environmental compliance of JCCBI’s facilities and operations. He will be called upon to advise managers and employees in the project management, asset management, construction and operations and maintenance sectors. As such, the incumbent provides technical support and assistance to the Director, receives and analyzes studies, requests from stakeholders, reports, drawings and specifications and recommends the appropriate course of action. The incumbent is responsible for managing environmental and other contracts and projects. As such, you will :
- Advising the Director and other departments on all matters related to environmental assessment ;
- Providing assistance to the Director, the manager and other departments on the implementation of the sustainable development strategy ;
- Designing and deciding on mitigation measures in collaboration with the authorities ;
- Representing the Corporation as an environmental assessment expert in public consultations ;
- Participating in the development of procedures and protocols and supporting the internal teams on environmental compliance and in obtaining authorizations and permit ;
- Assessing environmental risks and developing control and monitoring measures ;
- Developing and maintaining relevant performance indicators ;
- Assisting the Director in the preparation of budgets in addition to producing periodic progress reports and indicator tables ;
- Providing assistance to the Director, notably by providing the relevant information in the preparation of various reports, methods or analytical grids and by ensuring the follow-up of initiatives, projects and/or structures ;
- Participate and lead activities and/or projects related to sustainable development ;
- Perform any other job-related tasks and duties.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (geological engineering preferred) ;
- Be a member of the OIQ ;
- Have a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in environmental characterization and contaminated site remediation ;
- Be familiar with federal and provincial environmental regulations ;
- Demonstrated ability in monitoring and administering assigned contracts, including evaluating work, conducting meetings and negotiating payments ;
- Knowledge of the following software programs: MS Project, Excel, Word and Outlook ;
- Proficiency in written and spoken French, ability to communicate verbally in English ;
- Hold an additional university degree in a field closely related to the environment and/or sustainable development (an asset) ;
- Relevant experience in managing federal environmental impact assessment projects (an asset) ;
- • Experience in preparing environmental specifications (reference terms) is an asset.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to the collective agreement in force.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.