Our client, a leader in its sector of activity, specializing in the design, manufacturing and installation of automated equipment for the manufacturing sector is currently looking for a senior engineer in control and automation.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the Director of Engineering, your main mandate will be to actively participate in various projects for everything relating to automation and robotics. As such you will see to:
- Guide the automation team and provide active leadership for the automation and robotics component;
- Supervise and participate in the development, design and implementation of control strategies for projects, which includes: PLC, Robots, HMI/SCADA and Motion;
- Carry out the programming of PLCs, HMI (operator interfaces) and other components related to equipment automation;
- Provide the technical support required for resolving problems related to different projects;
- Test and prepare equipment in the workshop;
- Define guidelines for PLC and HMI programming methods and standards;
- Be responsible for design reviews so that deliverables meet client needs;
- Provide technical support to the automation team during customer visits and to remote customers;
- Maintain the structure of programming guides, procedures and project source code;
- Maintain testing procedures in the company and at our customers;
- Lead recurring project progress meetings of the control team, assign priorities and report to the Director of Engineering and project managers;
- Occasionally, participate in the installations and start-ups of systems at the client's premises;
- Perform any other tasks compatible with your duties.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, automated production engineering or other relevant engineering training;
- Member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec;
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience;
- Excellent knowledge in PLC programming, HMI/SCADA and industrial programming;
- Functional bilingualism (French and English spoken and written);
- Available to travel abroad on occasion.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions accordong to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.