Our client, a company specializing in the manufacturing and installation of integrated pumping and heating systems as well as various HVAC products and accessories, is currently looking for a mechanical design engineer.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the engineering director, your mandate will be to carry out the design of equipment and systems in accordance with the customer's needs, by providing manufacturing support and working in concert with the various stakeholders of the business. As such you will see to:
- Carry out the mechanical design of the pumping system and take corrective actions if necessary;
- Study the feasibility of project requests in collaboration with the director;
- Participate in defining project requirements;
- Carry out the calculations/studies/analyses required for the sizing of systems or the choice of components;
- Produce manufacturing plans as well as related material lists;
- Collaborate with the engineering director to monitor projects;
- Provide technical advice during the meeting on customer objectives;
- Respond effectively to technical questions;
- Produce and update technical documents;
- Complete and keep the document lists for each project up to date;
- Participate in resolving quality issues when they arise;
- Perform any other tasks compatible with your duties.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or other relevant engineering training;
- Be a recent university graduate or have a few years of experience;
- Be a member of the Order of Engineers of Quebec (OIQ) or be in the process of becoming (CPI);
- Mastery of 3D parametric design software such as Inventor or SolidWorks;
- Knowledge of technical document management software such as Vault or PDM will be considered an asset;
- Experience in the design of pumping systems or process mechanics will be considered an asset;
- Good command of French and English (spoken and written).
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions depending on the candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.