Our client, a company whose mission is to manage, operate and maintain various transport infrastructures, whose activities are divided into engineering, construction and maintenance operations is currently looking for, in order to pursue improving the quality and efficiency of its services, an analyst - financial operations.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the Engineering Director, your main mandate will be to support the management of engineering contracts. You will be responsible for carrying out various technical and administrative activities by working in conjunction with the engineers responsible for contracts, relating to monitoring the conformity and quality of the work, respecting deadlines, budgets and costs as well as to the processing of amendments. You must ensure the quality of the services provided by the consultants by carrying out evaluations of the services provided. You also collaborate in the development and implementation of new tools aimed at improving the management of contracts and projects. As such you will see to:
- Provide technical expertise (technical and administrative follow-up) to supervise consultant activities and ensure that these are properly executed as per the requirements of their contract reference terms (quality, scope of work, costs, and deadlines) and in collaboration with engineers.
- Support engineers in their tasks by playing an advisory role and providing technical and administrative support, including preparing and revising documents, retrieving information, compiling data, effectively keeping records, and preparing tracking reports, as needed.
- Help prepare authorization requests for contract modifications (change notices and amendments).
- Inform engineers of any issues and problems and suggest solutions and recommendations.
- When requested, visit structures to perform diagnostics and surveys.
- When requested, make site visits to observe work execution methods and results.
- Help prepare reference terms in order to award contracts to consulting firms.
- Verify and analyze submitted tenders and service offers and prepare tender analysis tables.
- Participate in technical reviews, ensure quality, and track the issuance of reports and tender documents prepared by the consultants.
- Verify payment requests made by consultants.
- Use established work processes and tools and propose measures to optimize the efforts of various internal and external partners and increase work efficiency.
- Provide technical assistance to the project team.
- Work with other divisions involved.
- Perform all other related tasks and duties.
- Hold a college diploma in civil engineering or an appropriate and equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Have a minimum of seven years of relevant experience.
- ASP Construction certification.
- Class 5 driver’s license.
- Excellent ability to understand and read plans, specifications, and technical drawings.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word and Outlook) as well as AutoCAD software for computer-aided design (CAD).
- Mastery of written and spoken French and ability to communicate in English.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Ability to communicate proactively and positively with peers and the members of the division.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Good time management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to manage or oversee multiple projects/initiatives at the same time.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company policy and candidate experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.