Our client, a global leader in specialized shipbuilding and the largest shipbuilder in Canada, is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the operations manager, your mandate will be to ensure the compliance and quality of projects, while respecting pre-established constraints and to prepare construction files for electrical installations. As such you will see to:
- Participate in project planning by assessing electricity needs and proposing suitable solutions;
- Define the technical specifications of the electrical equipment required for the project;
- Select appropriate electrical equipment based on specific project needs, current regulations and industry standards;
- Develop the required information relating to the site's electrical repair/installation activities as part of the National Shipbuilding Strategy construction project;
- Assign and control engineering bills of material to ensure that planning has clear visibility of required materials;
- Ensure delivery of all drawings, sketches and other required information in an accurate and timely manner;
- Provide information and data for the development of the estimate and submission as needed;
- Participate in supporting the creation of technical information in support of electrical activities relating to subcontractors;
- Ensure that work is carried out in accordance with plans and specifications, respecting safety and quality standards;
- Supervise the installation of electrical equipment on the site;
- Ensure complete documentation of electrical installations, including diagrams, test reports, certificates of conformity, etc. ;
- Ensure that installations comply with regulations and standards for electrical safety, energy efficiency and accessibility;
- Provide clear identification and direction of the lockout and tagout process to make a safer workplace for workers;
- Be responsible for progress reporting, schedule updates, and communicating any issues related to the timely creation of deliverables during the project;
- Participation in any process improvement initiative;
- Collaborate closely with other project professionals (architects, engineers);
- Perform other tasks as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role in the construction/industrial sector;
- Be a member of the Order of Engineers of Quebec;
- Ability to work confidently and independently while prioritizing a large volume of work;
- Mastery of the French language, both written and spoken;
- Fluency in the English language, both written and spoken (asset);
- Strong written and oral communication skills, and the ability to interact effectively with people at all levels of the organization;
- Successfully complete the investigation and security clearance process required by the Federal Government Contract Security Program.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company policy and candidate experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.