Our client, a manufacturing company positioning itself as a leader in the production of technological materials and specialized chemical products on a global scale, is currently looking for a manager in health, safety and environment.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the Director of Operations, your primary role will be to examine, evaluate and analyze work environments, as well as design programs and procedures to control, eliminate and prevent illness or injury caused by chemical agents. , physical, biological or ergonomic factors. You will be required to carry out workplace inspections and enforce laws and regulations governing health, safety and environmental standards. As such, you will ensure:
- Inspect facilities, machinery and safety equipment to identify and correct hazards and ensure compliance with safety regulations;
- Review plans and specifications for the construction of new machinery or equipment to determine whether all safety requirements have been met;
- Supervise and collaborate with the HSE coordinator;
- Coordinate and ensure the quality of HAZOP studies of new processes or equipment;
- Analyze and document workplace accidents and share conclusions and provide points for improvement;
- Propose changes to the environment and working methods;
- Provide information to workers, managers or employers on ways to reduce the risk of injury or illness associated with particular hazards;
- Take action to improve performance and resolve instances of non-compliance with the organization's mandatory health, safety and environmental policies, procedures and instructions;
- Coordinate worker training in areas such as safety laws and regulations, monitoring of hazardous conditions and use of safety equipment;
- Monitor and review performance against health, safety and environmental key performance indicators as well as behavioral patterns within the area of responsibility;
- Identify individual and team training needs related to occupational health and safety;
- Provide training or coaching to others across the organization in own area of expertise to enable others to improve their performance and realize their potential;
- Communicate the local action plan to members of the management team;
- Perform any other related tasks.
- University training in science, engineering, environmental management or any other relevant discipline;
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience related to the position;
- Good knowledge of international HSE regulations and effective compliance validation and permitting strategies;
- Knowledge of statistical methods;
- Mastery of the Office suite;
- Excellent analytical, planning and coordination skills as well as leadership;
- Be a good team player and be able to work collaboratively as part of a global HSE management team;
- French (spoken and written);
- Knowledge of ERP systems or EHS software (an asset);
- Member of the AQHSST (an asset);
- Knowledge of metallurgical processes (an asset).
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company policy and candidate experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.