Our client, a global company providing biological, non-clinical, clinical, and bioanalytical assay solutions to pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, is currently looking for a Senior Scientist in Research and Development.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the Director of Operations, your main mandate will be to develop bioanalytical methods, including optimizing mass spectrometry, chromatography, and sample preparation. You will assess and solve critical challenges such as analysis stability to ensure optimal sensitivity. Additionally, you will ensure the maintenance of instruments as needed and regularly report to the Director of Research and Development. Your role will be essential in ensuring the quality of analyses, contributing to the advancement of bioanalytical methods, and supporting the overall goals of the organization. In this capacity, you will be responsible for:
- Conduct bibliographic research on pharmacokinetics and estimate the analytical ranges of drugs and their metabolites;
- Prepare, perform maintenance, optimize, and troubleshoot instrumentation (HPLC/LCMS) for injections;
- Perform batch extractions for sample analysis (HPLC and LCMS);
- Monitor and interpret the validity of test results with the assistance of the R&D director when necessary;
- Provide solutions to method application problems in validation and production;
- Assist the production team with various science-related questions;
- Communicate clearly with internal and external clients, both in writing and orally;
- Provide weekly reports and write method presentations and BAMs;
- Ensure that documentation related to sample analysis, instrument maintenance, and training is up to date;
- Participate in routine R&D lab tasks such as reagent preparation, instrument calibration, and product reception;
- Stay informed about technological developments and standards through self-education and/or internal/external training, as needed;
- Read the bioanalytical method (BAM) before system configuration;
- Fill out appropriate forms related to system configuration and ongoing analyses and document any component changes (pump, injector, source, etc.);
- Conduct system compliance before batch start-up and integration processing; analyze results and resolve transfer, sensitivity, or reproducibility problems if necessary;
- Communicate any issues to the immediate supervisor;
- Maintenance, calibration, and repair of LC/MS/MS systems, pumps, and autosamplers;
- Comply with SOPs, GLP, and guidelines;
- Perform any other tasks related to the position.
- University degree in biochemistry, chemistry, or a related field;
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in the development of bioanalytical methods and mass spectrometry in R&D;
- In-depth knowledge of analytical principles, good mathematical understanding, and computer skills;
- Relevant experience in HPLC and mass spectrometry;
- Ability to independently develop methods in accordance with GLP standards;
- Effective organizational skills;
- Proficiency in both French and English, both orally and in writing.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with the company's policy and the candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.