Our client, a manufacturing company, firmly established in Québec since more than 65 years, specialized in development and manufacturing of products intended for the residential construction sector is currently looking, for his factory at the cutting edge of the technology, for a Director of Industrial Engineering.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the Director of Operations, your main mandate will be to plan, organize, direct and control all direct and related activities of the Industrial Engineering Department. In addition, you will promote the continuous improvement approach in order to integrate best practices in daily operations. As such, you will :
- Participate in the planning, development and follow-up of the company's various strategic objectives ;
- Prepare and lead the various project meetings (review, brainstorming, etc.) and coordinate the various working groups related to improvement ;
- Actively participate in the identification of improvement opportunities ;
- Lead and facilitate implementation and maintenance activities related to continuous improvement programs and projects, collaborate with different departments and colleagues in the implementation projects ;
- Participate in the implementation of robust processes by collecting data, mapping activities and documenting them ;
- See to the development of the resources of his department ;
- Act as one of the main contributors to culture change (continuous improvement) in the organization and support managers in the change ;
- Participate in the development and implementation of lean manufacturing tools ;
- Assist in the implementation of various performance indicators as needed and ensure their maintenance ;
- Implement and produce a report on the status of the department ;
- See to the respect of the budgets and ensure a regular control ;
- Ensure compliance with the policies and procedures related to his department ;
- Motivate and evaluate the staff under his/her responsibility and revise expectations or objectives based on the performance of each individual ;
- Ensure a safe and healthy work environment for each worker ;
- Establish a work environment and climate that fosters collaboration, motivation and participation of employees in the successes and objectives ;
- Participate actively in the management committee ;
- Perform every other task compatible with your function.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering or other relevant training ;
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in industrial engineering in a manufacturing environment ;
- Knowledge of the MS Office suite ;
- Knowledge of continuous improvement tools and new production methods ;
- Knowledge of Autocad (an asset) ;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong management skills ;
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to the candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.