Our client, a major processing company in the pulp and paper industry is currently looking for a Process and Production Engineer for its plant located in the Quebec City area.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the Assistant General Manager, Operations, you will play a key role in the production department by providing technical support to operations and proactively identifying process improvements that could be implemented to reduce costs, improve efficiency and/or increase plant performance. As such you will :
- Optimize production flows by maintaining performance indicators ;
- Act as resource personnel in case of technical problems related to manufacturing operations ;
- Analyze the causes of equipment breakdowns and material losses and take the necessary corrective action ;
- Work closely with the team to manage performance indicators, such as line efficiency and improvement of management indicators ;
- Ensure continuous improvement of daily operations with the help of the work team as well as develop and propose capital expenditures that would be needed to support these improvements and provide project management ;
- Support the maintenance area by validating maintenance work priorities during planned shutdowns in collaboration with supervisors by maintaining work orders completed by supervisors and acting as technical support ;
- Create and execute project plans that met identified objectives ;
- Carry out every other task compatible with your functions.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or other relevant training ;
- Be a member of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec or be in the process of becoming a member (CPI) ;
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience ;
- Manufacturing expertise and experience in a plant will be considered an asset ;
- Autonomy and willingness to learn new things ;
- Possess a good sense of initiative and organization.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to the candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.