Our client, a well-established manufacturing company in Quebec, specializing in the development and manufacturing of products for the construction industry is currently looking for a Financial Analyst.
Nature of position
Reporting to the Finance Director, you will be responsible for the collection, analysis and interpretation of financial data, focusing on production costs, cost prices, margins and profits. In addition, you will participate in the monthly and annual variance analysis in collaboration with the various stakeholders within the company. You will be responsible for ensuring that the financial reports are delivered on time and that the financial information presented in the monthly reports is accurate. As such, you will :
- Take charge of the cost price process and analysis ;
- Implement tools to improve processes related to cost price ;
- Prepare reports on manufacturing costs and analyze variances from budget ;
- Prepare month-end reports and collaborate on analyses ;
- Analyze financial results to understand variances from previous year, budget and forecast ;
- Work closely with project management, procurement, etc. to ensure accuracy and consistency of financial reporting ;
- Track project costs, analyze variances and ensure budgets are met ;
- Ensure accuracy of inventory transactions in the system ;
- Participate in the annual budget process ;
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of internal control processes affecting finance ;
- Carry out every other task compatible with your functions.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, administration or other relevant training ;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in financial accounting in a manufacturing environment ;
- Experience with various ERP systems ;
- Mastery of the Office suite ;
- Results-oriented analytical mind ;
- Ability to communicate clearly and in a synthesized manner ;
- Strong attention to detail and desire to dig deep into data ;
- Analytical and problem solving skills ;
- Ability to manage multiple files simultaneously ;
- Attention to detail and ability to work effectively under pressure ;
- Good oral and written communication skills.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to the candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.