Project Manager (Reinforcing steel)
July 02, 2020
Located in Montreal area
Our client, a major company specializing in the manufacture and installation of steel construction materials primarily for building construction and civil engineering works, positioning among the leaders in their industry is currently looking for a project manager.
Nature of position
Answering to the Technical Director, your job will mainly consist of preparing drawings for the placement of steel reinforcements based on plans and specifications. In addition, you will coordinate with the production team, delivery, on-site installation, and the general contractor for projects for which you are responsible. As such, you will:
- Receive the plans or request the plans for construction ;
- Make sure everything you need is ready for work ;
- Plan the project and establish a work schedule with the contractor ;
- Establish the project monitoring sheet to follow up with managers ;
- Establish the needs for accessories, steel, sleeves and others for the project ;
- Be in constant communication with the contractor and site foremen ;
- Manage changes, additions, modifications and shortages at the site ;
- Plan material requirements for special and ordinary purchases ;
- Collaborate with the submission department in relation to prices ;
- Attend coordination meetings as required ;
- Produce end of project documents ;
- Perform the final accounts and documents ;
- Inform of cost overruns (estimation and implementation) ;
- Ensure the proper execution of the terms of the contract ;
- Carry out any other task related to your duties ;
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering or construction engineering; college diploma in civil engineering, architecture, or other relevant studies ;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience ;
- In-depth knowledge of reading and understanding drawings;
- Experience as a project manager or construction project manager ;
- Good negotiator ;
- Good at managing priorities and meeting deadlines ;
- Able to work under pressure and in collaboration with the various parties involved.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.