Our client, a major property and casualty insurance provider in Canada, appearing on Kincentric's list of Best Employers in Canada, is currently looking for a strategic supplying specialist.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the supplying strategic director, you will ensure all the supplying activities and act as a specialist towards internal customers and suppliers. You will analyze the markets, identify and evaluate the potentials suppliers, develop procurement strategies, negotiate contracts and implement projects aims at optimizing acquisition costs and the supplier’s management. In addition, you will work closely with the different company’s departments. As such, you will :
- Establish category strategies by analysing the actuals and future needs, by analysing the expenses and by taking advantage of the best practices from the industry, according to the market realities and the categories under its responsibility ;
- Develop supplying strategies for a wide variety of acquisition projects in all areas of the business to contract the acquisition of goods and services while supporting business units in terms of innovation ;
- Demonstrate great expertise and excellent skills in establishing procurement strategies ;
- Leverage business intelligence and cost modeling to develop and support trading strategies ;
- Initiate / coordinate tendering processes relating to overly complex and high-risk agreements ;
- Establish and maintain partnerships with suppliers focused on total cost of ownership (TCO) and return on investment (ROI) ;
- Identify current trends, anticipate market opportunities, and identify potential suppliers ;
- Contribute to the development of performance indicators (KPIs) for suppliers as well as service level agreements aimed at optimizing and creating value ;
- Participate, collaborate, and maintain in an actively manner, transversal relationships with business partners, peers, and leaders ;
- Act as a champion / mentor in the various initiatives and projects of the supplying department ;
- Perform every other task compatible with your functions.
- Bachelor’s in business administration, engineering, or any other relevant university training ;
- Minimum 8 years of general experience in supply and strategic search for supplier’s field ;
- Strong understanding of strategic procurement principles and procurement-to-payment (P2P) processes and ability to apply this knowledge to project delivery and strategy optimization ;
- Excellent skills in project management and communication ;
- Strong critical thinking, decision making, problem solving and attention to detail skills ;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both French and English ;
- Excellent knowledges in Excel.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.