Our client is a public transit organization that is a key factor in social and economic development. They are currently looking for an electrical engineer (infrastructure), to contribute to an important project related to transport electrification.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the head of infrastructure and with a matrix link with the head of garage expansion project management, your job will be to play a key role in expanding the garage and in managing bus charging. By operationalizing the new facilities and by guiding the team through this technological change, you will help build the public transit infrastructure of tomorrow. As such, you will:
- Perform analyses and technical studies and put forward recommendations to the Infrastructure team or the projects team ;
- Carry out benchmark studies for the public transit agency dealing with the various technical aspects related to your mandate ;
- Support the project team in implementing and monitoring the project with stakeholders from the different departments and with clients ;
- Design new equipment, new processes, or new facilities to improve productivity, safety, service, etc ;
- Take part in planning, studying, and evaluating equipment and electrical or mechanical systems ;
- Prepare inspection and testing plans ;
- Supervise the installation, modification, testing, and operation of systems and electrical or mechanical devices ;
- Provide technical assistance during implementation (technical questions, approval of shop drawings and technical sheets, engineering guidelines, etc.) ;
- Establish, modify, implement, and monitor work methods, procedures, standards, and rules and design criteria ;
- Provide technical support and serve as an expert advisor ;
- Stay up to date in your knowledge of products, standards, and technologies available for your specialization ;
- Take on all tasks and responsibilities inherent to your position or which may be entrusted to you ;
- Exercise technical leadership with maintenance staff during the integration of new assets related to the project ;
- Carry out any other task related to your duties ;
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or other relevant engineering studies ;
- Member in good standing of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec ;
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience ;
- Familiar with project management.
- Experience working on large-scale projects involving multiple stakeholders ;
- Leadership skills, and ability to cooperate and influence others within a group ;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills ;
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.