November 22, 2019
Located in Quebec City
Our client, a construction contractor specialized in civil engineering works (road, paving and various municipal works) is currently seeking for a purchaser.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the company’s management, you will have as main mandate to ensure product purchases, equipment and construction supplies, all at the best price, additional to ensure the efficiency of the stock management system. As such, you will:
- Seeking suppliers for required products ;
- Negociate with sellers and suppliers in main to obtain the best quality / price ratio and the best delivery delays ;
- Manage product, equipment and construction site purchases for the company, from the choosen suppliers ;
- Approve and check the invoices as well enter purchases orders ;
- Follow-up with the orders and revivals if needed ;
- Manage supplier’s relationship;
- Manage and control inventories ;
- Supervise the delivery team and coordinate the deliveries ;
- Work in an efficient manner with the computerized system (ERP) ;
- Develop and maintain a suppliers database ;
- Maintain good purchasing practices (best price/quality/delivery) ;
- Participate to submissions by the quotes research from subcontractors and suppliers ;
- Perform every other tasks compatible with your functions.
- Bachelor in business management, DEC in technical administration, AEC in supply management or any other relevant education ;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience ;
- Experience in supplying in the building sector will be considered as an asset ;
- Bilingual (French and English written and spoken) ;
- Be comfortable in interpersonal communication and priority management.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.