Our client, a family business firmly established in the construction and real estate development sector, specialized mainly in the residential sector (Multiplex) is currently looking for a construction director to continue its growth.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the President of the company, you will be responsible for planning, organizing, directing and controlling the work of the various construction sites of the building within the budget and specific deadlines, in close collaboration with the various stakeholders of the company. As such you will :
- Participate in the validation of potential development sites ;
- Contribute to certain aspects of the due diligence process (environment, civil, technical feasibility, etc.) ;
- Contribute, in collaboration with the management team, to optimizing the use of the land for the validation of materials, quality, feasibility and relevance of the project ;
- Participate in the development of projects by establishing construction costs, coordinating and participating in the value analysis process and in requests for quotations or calls for tenders ;
- Coordinate calls for tenders according to our internal process ;
- Participate in the selection of the general contractor ;
- Manage the value engineering process with the general contractor ;
- Review and analyze general contractor bids ;
- Manage and coordinate construction sites directly or indirectly through the internal and / or external team of professionals ;
- Schedule site meetings and write singing reports on a weekly basis ;
- Review and approve invoicing by the general contractor in relation to the progress of construction ;
- Ensure that the budget and schedule are in line with forecasts ;
- In collaboration with the general contractor, participation in DGC inspection visits ;
- Approve purchase orders on construction sites and report them to management ;
- Perform all other tasks compatible with your duties.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering, construction engineering, architecture, DEC in civil engineering or architecture or any other relevant training ;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant project management experience ;
- Have strong management, communication, negotiation and problem-solving skills ;
- Good command of spoken and written French ;
- Knowledge of Quebec construction laws and regulations ;
- Knowledge of the MS Office suite ;
- Knowledge of construction standards and GCR ;
- Knowledge of BIM an asset ;
- Experience in managing multi-use real estate development projects will be an important asset.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.