Our client, an important damage insurance supplier in Canada, being on Kicentric’s list of choice in Canada, employer, is currently looking for his internal technical investigation team, a fire cause search engineer.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the technical investigation director, you will have to understand and identify the factor responsible for the damage, by eliminating the other possible causes. You will have to recreate the sequence of the events that led to the incident and validate those steps with the scientist knowledge update. By validating the hypothesis and testing if needed, the scenario under study, you will have to apply the scientific method to the identification of the causes of disasters. Furthermore, you will have to produce shorts and detailed reports when there is more importants damages. Finally, you will also be called to testify in court in order to present your expert opinion. As such you will :
- Assist the disasters team in order to quicly and effectively guide the rest of the settlement in the event of fire-related complaints ;
- Complete mandates for our internal and external experts and work closely with our building appraisers ;
- Meet the insurance holder and understand the circunstances regarding their claim ;
- Investigate disaster sites to establish the cause and circumstance of fires;
- Check if it is an explosion, electrical equipment failure, professional fault or something else ;
- Document the premises, issue and support your opinion as to the probable cause of the damage ;
- Record your opinion in writing and step in to help resolve conflicts during a claim by providing technical information ;
- Participate in appraisals of parts and specimen related to the cause of the claims ;
- Manage the laboratory and the coins factory ;
- Perfom every other task compatible with your functions.
- Bachelor in electrical, mechanical or applied sciences engineering ;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience ;
- Experience in insurance field and as an expert ahead the court will be considered as important asset ;
- Member in good standing of a professional order related to the specified relevant field ;
- Having or be in process to get his certification CFI, CFEI, CFVI or WETT ;
- Functional english level ;
- Extended knowledges of buildings, construction methods, heat transfer modes and the laws governing the spread of fires ;
- Good written and spoken communication skills for the vulgarization of the cause and the origin of the sinister.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.