Engineer in buildings structure
April 23, 2020
Located in Montréal area
Our client, an important damage insurance supplier in Canada, being on Kicentric’s list of choice in Canada employer, is currently looking for his internal technical investigation team, a fire cause search engineer.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the technical investigation director, you will have to understand and identify the factor responsible for the damage, by eliminating the other possible causes.
You will have to recreate the sequence of the events that led to the incident and validate those steps with the scientist knowledge update. By validating the hypothesis and testing if needed, the scenario under study, you will have to apply the scientific method to the identification of the causes of disasters.
Furthermore, you will have to produce shorts and detailed reports when there is more importants damages. Finally, you will also be called to testify in court in order to present your expert opinion. As such you will :
- Assist the claims team in order to guide quicly and effectively the rest of the settlement of complains related to buildings and structures in general ;
- Complete mandates for our internal and external experts and work closely with our building appraisers ;
- Document the premises and express your opinion as for the possible cause of the damages ;
- Record your opinion in writing and step in to help resolve conflicts during a claim by providing technical information ;
- The kind of claims can vary, from a brick wall loosening, cracks in the building foundations, damages on an inground pool, collapse or even in upgrading cases. In brief, any issue which could affect a building or a structure ;
- Perform every other task compatible with your functions.
- Bachelor in civil engineering ;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience ;
- Extended knowledge of buildings, construction methods and codes in force ;
- Experience in insurance field and as an expert ahead the court will be considered as important asset ;
- Member in good standing of l’Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (or in process to get it) ;
- Good written and spoken communication skills ;
- Functional english level.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.