Our client, an important company specialised in lamination and the casting of metallurgical products is currently looking for a quality and environment manager.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the technical director, you will have as main mandate to ensure the environmental program management (soils, air, waters and dangerous material) of the factory. In addition, you will ensure the management of the ISO 9001-2015 quality management system. As such, you will :
- Coordinate the implementation of the company’s environmental programs ;
- Advise all sectors of the company on environmental matters ;
- Track legal changes and communicate updated requirements organization-wide ;
- Prepare quaterly environmental reports at management intention ;
- Participate at the environmental assessments required as part of the due diligence process ;
- Follow the progress made in the establishment of environmental performance indicators ;
- Execute the company's audit program ;
- Train and support environmental ressources ;
- Follow up on all authorizations and all required permits ;
- Complete the various environmental declarations required in Canada (INRP, etc.) ;
- Work closely with the procurement team in order to ensure sustainable purchasing practices ;
- Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and interested parties ;
- You may be called upon to maintain and follow the quality management system ISO 9001-2015 and implement various activities and programs planned for the standard application ;
- Coordinate and follow the audit, non-compliance, and inexecution plan of the company ;
- See to the management of different projects related to your functions ;
- Audit the project team to ensure that all the steps are respected (team of 4 people) ;
- Perform every other duties compatible with your functions.
- Bachelor in chemical or industrial engineering, biology, chemistry, environment management or any other relevant experience ;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience ;
- Extensive knowledges in various standards regulating quality management (i.e. ISO 14001, ISO 9001, etc.) ;
- Knowledge in environmental regulation and environment management systems ;
- The auditor certification ISO or any other related experience will be appreciated ;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills ;
- Bilingualism in written and spoken French and English ;
- An experience in the manufacturing sector will be an important asset ;
- Experience in project management would be an asset ;
- Ability to communicate and work in a team ;
- Knowledges in health and safety would be an asset.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.