March 16, 2020
Located on the North-shore of Montreal
Our client, a major manufacturing company, positioning itself among the North American leaders in its sector of activity, is currently looking for a process engineer for its plant located on the north shore of Montreal.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the Director of Engineering, your main mandate will be to manage R&D projects for the development of resins, additives or other related products and to participate actively in solving technical problems while ensuring quality and lower the costs. In addition, you will participate in the development of standards and the development of training. As such, you will :
- Manage R&D projects for new resins, new additives or other products ;
- Participate in the implementation of new products or the improvement of existing products ;
- Participate in the integration of new production equipment ;
- Document tests, technical problems, quality problems and solutions to the thermoforming and extrusion department ;
- Perform technical problem solving by working jointly with the technical group and production ;
- Respond to requests for help from extrusion and thermoforming team supports ;
- Participate in the creation of standards ;
- Keep technical information on extrusion and recycling processes up to date and available ;
- Participate in the development of training ;
- Obtain information from suppliers and the market of the best technologies in terms of raw materials, operating conditions and equipment ;
- Be responsible for maintaining certifications, BNQ, BPI and others as needed ;
- Be on call, on occasion, for technical extrusion and mechanical support according to a weekend rotation schedule ;
- Perform all other tasks compatible with your duties.
- Bachelor's degree in chemical engineering or other relevant training ;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the plastics industry ;
- Experience in extrusion (plastic) ;
- Ability to work in a team and promote the preferred values of the company ;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite software (Word, Excel and Outlook);
- Knowledge of Lean tools is an asset ;
- Functional bilingualism (French and English).
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.