Our client, a company specializing in the development and supply of industry-leading semiconductor lighting and LED solutions, with an international clientele, is currently looking for an electrical engineer- system power.
Nature of position
Reporting to the VP operation, the System Power Engineer is responsible for all our client’s lighting systems electrical designs. As such you will see to :
- Work with the sales team, architects and project managers to further determine project systems specifications ;
- Work closely with R&D, Electronics design, and Mechanical design to lead the successful delivery of new projects ;
- Design project’s power distribution and lighting systems detailed layout, from the power grid to each individual fixtures, and including all control equipment ;
- Produce and maintain electrical system drawings and technical documentation ;
- Populate and update Bill-of-Quantity reports for light fixtures, cables, and all other system-required equipment ;
- Provide specifications for components to be selected and prepare requests to purchase (not limited to cables, power distribution, connectors, controllers, fiber receivers, fiber optics, content players, etc.) ;
- Guide and lead testing phases of new system launches ;
- Ensure operational compliance with system specifications during project launches ;
- Assist Engineering, Production, Purchasing and Project management groups with any system related assessments ;
- Perform all other tasks compatible with your duties.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or other relevant engineering training ;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience ;
- Member of the l’Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec ;
- Experience in low voltage networks / systems ;
- Bilingual French and English spoken and written ;
- Experience in a similar position or in the custom lighting industry is an asset ;
- Experience in the interpretation of technical drawings and procedures.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.