Our client, a manufacturing company, specializing in the production of a wide range of chemicals for industries such as textiles, pulp and paper, adhesives, construction and cosmetics, all over the world. Currently our client is looking for a process engineer for his factory located on the north shore of Montreal.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the Plant Manager, your main mandate will be to work on the continuous improvement of production processes and procedures in order to reduce production costs, improve plant efficiency and product quality. As such you will see at:
- Improve operation costs, quality and turn time ;
- Capable to evaluate and institute operating procedures that promotes a culture of safe work practices and right first time ;
- Develop & present projects including topics such as improving safety, environment, quality, productivity & cost ;
- Formulate & prepare Investment Approval Requests ;
- Coordinate plant layouts, machine installation and start-up processes ;
- Complete programs and projects on time and on budget ;
- Identify areas to reduce waste in manufacturing processes using the LEAN methodology ;
- Work with quality insurance department to resolve issues, improve quality, reduce customer complaints, ensure consistent batch quality and improve material yield
- Develop and audit our Management Control & Reporting Systems based on established good practices in order to be in line with best practices
- Work collectively with R&D and Manufacturing teams in new product development and new product introductions ;
- Optimize our operation processes (production, maintenance) ;
- Act as a changing agent to support and promote optimization of our productivity through cultural change & technical improvements ;
- Participate and support training of operators ;
- Support the maintenance department (maintenance schedule, contracts/suppliers, follow-ups & meetings) ;
- Act as back-up to Plant Manager when this person is away ;
- Perform all other tasks compatible with your duties.
- Bachelor's degree in chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, industrial engineering or other relevant training ;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience ;
- member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec ;
- Excellent collaboration and teamwork skills to foster continuous improvement ;
- Experience and ability to establish key process indicators to monitor and improve plant productivity ;
- Knowledge with LEAN, Six Sigma, Kaizen and/or Pareto Analysis (an asset) ;
- Functional bilingualism (French and English).
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.