Our client, a company whose mission is to manage, operate and maintain various transport infrastructures, whose activities are divided into engineering, construction and maintenance operations is currently seeking, in order to continue improving the quality and efficiency of its services, an environment and sustainable development engineer.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the Environment and Sustainable Director, your will have as main mandate to actively collaborate in the environmental and sustainable development action plan of the service, and in the achievement of objectives (implementation of the assessment and control of environmental risks, environmental compliance, enhancement of biodiversity, characterization, inventory and remediation of the territory). Particularly, you will act as a resource person for environmental assessment and actively participate in the development and implementation of the sustainable development strategy. As such, you will :
- Advise the director and other departments on all matters relating to environmental assessment ;
- Provide assistance to the director, manager and other departments on the implementation of the sustainable development strategy ;
- Design and agree on mitigation measures in collaboration with the authorities ;
- Act as a privileged interlocutor with external stakeholders ;
- Ensure the verification of the environmental compliance of the company's facilities and operations ;
- Provide support and technical assistance to the director, receive and analyze studies, stakeholder requests, reports, drawings and specifications and recommend actions to be taken ;
- Assume the management of contracts and environmental or other projects ;
- Represent the company as an environmental assessment expert in public consultations ;
- Participate in the development of procedures and protocols and support internal teams on environmental compliance issues and obtaining authorizations and permits ;
- Evaluate environmental risks and develop control and monitoring measures ;
- Develop and maintain relevant performance indicators ;
- Assist the director during the preparation of budgets in addition to producing periodic progress reports and indicators ;
- Provide assistance to the director, in particular by providing relevant information in the preparation of various reports, methods or analysis grids and by ensuring the follow-up of initiatives, projects and / or works ;
- Perform any other tasks compatible with your functions.
- Bachelor in engineering and be a member in good standing of their professional order (OIQ) ;
- Having a Master degree in a field closely related to the environment will be considered an asset ;
- Have between four and eight years of experience in environmental characterization and rehabilitation of contaminated sites ;
- Good command of federal and provincial environmental regulations ;
- Have relevant experience in managing federal environmental effects assessment mandates, an asset ;
- Have experience in preparing environmental quotes (reference terms) an asset ;
- Demonstrated ability to monitor and administer assigned contracts, including work evaluation, conducting meetings and negotiating payments ;
- Have a sense of organization and attention to detail ;
- Be aligned with objectives, know how to manage time and priorities in order to meet deadlines and report diligently ;
- Demonstrate an ability to work in a team, participate and contribute to team efforts ;
- Knowledge of the following software: MS Project, Excel, Word, Outlook and Explorer ;
- Good command of written and spoken French, be able to communicate verbally in English.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.