Our client, a company firmly established in Quebec, offering consulting engineering and general contractor services in the fields of the environment, forestry, geomatics and civil engineering and having developed a privileged relationship and partnerships with many aboriginal communities in Quebec is currently looking for a project manager.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the civil works director, your main mandate will be to carry out the planning, organization, direction and control of the work of various projects in addition to participating in the estimation of project costs. As such, you will :
- Participate in the management of various civil engineering projects ;
- Participate in the development of quotes and estimates ;
- Establish the work schedule ;
- Plan the work teams ;
- Participate in setting up budgets for different projects and producing different reports ;
- Highlight the potential risks of the projects tendered ;
- Monitoring of project costs ;
- Work in synergy with partners (mainly indigenous companies) ;
- Communicate with clients on all project issues ;
- Prepare preliminary budgets for certain projects ;
- Negotiate the final costs with the subcontractors ;
- Perform project management ;
- Participate in various site meetings (administration, technical and coordination ;
- Ensure the administrative aspect of the sites: reports, notices of changes and / or extras or any other amendment to the project ;
- Assurer les standards de qualité requis tels que stipulés dans les documents contractuels ;
- Carry out any other tasks compatible with your functions.
- Bachelor in civil engineering, or bachelor in construction engineering, or DEC in civil engineering, or any other relevant education ;
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the field ;
- Knowledges of Quebec construction laws and regulations ;
- Be available to work anywhere in the province of Quebec ;
- Knowledges and et proficiency in Word, Excel, and MS Project software ;
- Hold a valid class 5 driving license ;
- Fluency in spoken and written French and English.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.