Our client, a is a company that specializes in the distribution of power transmission equipment, industrial engines for off-road application, industrial power units and generators, is currently looking for a designer / responsible for projects for its technical department, located at the head office in Montreal.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the management of the company, your mandate will be to participate in the management of projects related mainly to the development of a new range of products, in collaboration with the entire team of professionals of the company. As such, you will see:
- Design and develop plans, technical and workshop drawings (3D) for power units, generators and engine accessory supports ;
- Planning and organization of the set-up and assembly of projects through the production of specifications ;
- Follow up on production projects in the workshop ;
- Develop the list of components (BOM) and the time allocated to the production of various ranges of assembled products and power units (value-added products) ;
- Monitor and manage projects (Gantt) in order to meet deadlines, costs and specifications of value-added products produced by the company ;
- Communicate with the engineering departments of the company's manufacturers and suppliers ;
- Monitor the progress of work in progress and provide weekly reports ;
- Make the requisitions of inventory items necessary for production (BOM) ;
- Manage the technical data library ;
- Ensure the conformity of the drawings which will serve as a reference for the manufacture of the equipment as well as the related equipment lists ;
- Communicate relevant project information with stakeholders (production, SAP Business One, sales, engineering, procurement, etc.) ;
- Perform any other tasks compatible with your duties.
- DEC in mechanical engineering or other relevant training ;
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in mechanical design ;
- Proficiency with a 3D design software such as SolidWorks ;
- Good interpersonal relationships ;
- Functional bilingualism (French and English).
Salary and condition
Competitive and negotiable salary depending on the candidate.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.