Our client, a company established in Quebec, offering consulting engineering and general contractor services in the fields of the environment, forestry, geomatics and civil engineering and having developed a privileged relationship and partnerships with many aboriginal communities in Quebec is currently looking for a director for its civil engineering component.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the general manager, your main mandate will be to ensure the management of the activities of the civil engineering works department and this, by ensuring the management of the team in place, planning, scheduling, organization , the direction, the control and the evaluation of the various projects and by participating in the business development of the company and its influence on the market. As such, you will see:
- Obtain the call for tenders opportunities published on the various platforms and follow them up ;
- Monitor potential markets and make links with potential customers, partners or subcontractors to position the company in order to obtain bid and contract opportunities ;
- Carry out and supervise bids and negotiations with clients and / or subcontractors ;
- Ensure that the basic data for the production of estimates are up to date and master the process of updating this data ;
- Produce and / or ensure the production of operating budgets and preliminary project schedules ;
- Ensure the application of good practices in health and safety at work. Promote and educate your team about the importance of working in a healthy and safe environment ;
- Responsible for assessing staffing needs, organizing work teams, hiring and evaluating staff under your responsibility ;
- Ensure the smooth running of the work, supervise your work team (project managers) in order to respect the terms of contracts, budgets and deadlines ;
- Participate and be a stakeholder in the search for solutions to organizational and operational problems ;
- Participate in the various departmental, administrative and other meetings and also participate in certain project monitoring meetings ;
- Participate in certain strategic business development or negotiation meetings with Indigenous partners, subcontractors or clients ;
- Participate in meetings and training in occupational health and safety ;
- Supervise and assist, as needed, the health and safety and environment coordinator in the development of occupational health and safety documents to ensure uniformity ;
- Responsible for validating and providing, to the management team, project monitoring in connection with the operating budget on a monthly basis ;
- Ensure that the work and project monitoring procedures are applied by the teams under his responsibility ;
- Participate in internal kickoff meetings and participate, where possible, in customer kickoff meetings ;
- Representation from time to time and more particularly in Indigenous communities where you are likely to be designated as a resource person with Indigenous partners or the community ;
- Encourage a culture in OHS and the environment ;
- Encourage pride and belonging to the company ;
- Perform any other tasks compatible with your duties.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering, or Bachelor's degree in construction engineering, or other relevant training / experience combination ;
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the field ;
- Have a good experience in management of civil engineering works ;
- Knowledge of Quebec construction laws and regulations ;
- Initiative and leadership ;
- Easy to manage pressure and many priorities ;
- Excellent demonstrated skills in customer relations, teamwork, leadership and interpersonal relationships ;
- Fluency in spoken and written French and English.
Salary and condition
Salary negotiable according to the candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.