Our client, a consulting firm, solidly established in Quebec for 20 years, carrying out projects in infrastructure, buildings, industrial, construction, transport, water treatment and the environment is currently looking for an engineer in structure, for its place of business located on the South Shore of Montreal.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the Structure Director, your main mandate will be to design the various structures (steel, aluminum, concrete, wood and steel) in addition to participating in the management of various projects. As such, you will:
- Ensure the technical design of a wide range of structures (various industrial structures in steel, stainless steel, aluminum, concrete, wood and steel building structures and various concrete structures) ;
- Ensure the management of projects under your responsibility ;
- Ensure the supervision and coordination of a team of technicians / draftsmen in the realization of various projects (design and construction) ;
- Coordinate projects and communicate with external stakeholders (clients, architects, other engineers, contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, etc.) ;
- Coordinate projects with the various internal engineering disciplines (process, building mechanics, civil, electricity);
- Respect fee budgets and delivery schedules ;
- Ensure the quality of deliverables according to the standards of the firm and applicable codes and stand ;
- Identify customer needs and seek innovative solutions ;
- Monitor the work, both in the office and on the site ;
- Perform any other tasks compatible with your functions.
- Bachelor in civil engineering, construction engineering, or any other relevant education ;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in a consulting engineering firm ;
- Be a member in good standing of l’Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec ;
- Experience in design with structural calculation software (SAFI, ROBOT and others) ;
- Knowledge of the codes and standards in force (CNB-CCQ, S16, A23.1, A23.3, O86 and others) ;
- Holding a valid driver's license and ASP Construction card.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.