Our client, a manufacturing company, firmly established in Québec since more than 65 years, specialized in development and manufacturing of products intended for the residential construction sector is currently looking, for his factory at the cutting edge of the technology, for an Operation director.
Nature of position
Under the authority of the company president, you will have as mandate to plan , organize, lead and control all the direct and related activities to production, purchasing, orders department and together with the technical director, at the industrial engineering, in a context of optimizing operations, reducing costs and respecting budgets. As such, you will :
- Planning, organizing, directing and controlling the departments of production, purchasing, orders and together with the technical director, industrial engineering ;
- Participate at the planning and the development of the orientations and strategic projects of the company ;
- Manage daily operating expenses of the company while paying particular attention to improving the long-term strategy ;
- Help with the setting up of various indicators performance depending on the needs and ensuring that they are maintained ;
- Establish and proceed with the production of report and report regarding the state of his department ( productivity, delivery schedule, production setting up) ;
- Be one of the main contributors to improve the productivity, efficiency and profitability of the company ;
- Ensure the budgets and their regular control ;
- Identify the yearly objectives and priorities and analyse the suggested actions to reach them, with the direction members ;
- Ensure the respect of the politics and procedures related to each department ;
- Motivate and evaluate the team under your responsibility and review the expectations or the objectives depending on the performance of each ;
- Coordonnate the team evaluation needs ;
- Ensure to give to each worker an health and safety place to work ;
- Establish a working environment and climate that encourage employee’s motivation and involvement in successes and goals ;
- Organize efficients management meetings ;
- Develop and coach managers to become excellent leader ;
- Identify training needs in order to develop your team and ensure that you have a succession by working in close collaboration with the human resources department ;
- Participate actively to the management committee ;
- Perform every other task compatible with pour functions.
- Bachelor’s in industrial engineering, mechanical engineering, operations and logistics engineering, business administration or any other relevant training ;
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in manufacturing sector ;
- Solid experience in the managment of a manufacturing company ;
- Knowledges of management practices ("Lean manufacturing", Kanban, Kaisen, TPS, 5S) ;
- Knowledges of KPI and performance management program ;
- Knowledges of MS Office ;
- Having Have excellent communication and mobilization skills
- Having strong management and interpersonal skills, be creative and demonstrate a good analytical and synthetic spirit.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.