Our client is the group who has been chosen to carry out the design, construction, financing, operation, maintenance, and rehabilitation of the new Champlain Bridge corridor project. They are currently looking for a Bridge Engineer.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the chief management, within a small multidisciplinary team, you will be responsible of the operations, maintenance, and rehabilitation stage of the New Champlain Bridge Corridor [NCBC] Project. As such, you will :
- Developing familiarity with the design and construction of the Project Infrastructure ;
- Planning and conducting annual inspections of bridge and highway infrastructure ;
- Retaining and managing external consultants and sub-contractors as required to provide specialized services and support ;
- Planning for maintenance and rehabilitation interventions to cost-effectively manage the Project Infrastructure ;
- Assistance with the preparation of technical responses relating to technical issues that affect operations, maintenance or rehabilitation including the preparation of cost estimates and the assessment of commercial implications ;
- Responding to permit requests for oversized and overweight loads ;
- Developing familiarity with and assisting with the implementation of an Asset Information Management System [AIMS] and various subsystems including structural health monitoring [SHMS], maintenance management [MMS], pavement management [PMS] and emergency response [ERS] systems ;
- Maintenance of inspection reports and related records using the Asset information Management System (AIMS) ;
- Monitoring and analysis of real-time conditions using data provided by the Structural Health Monitoring System (SHMS) ;
- Maintenance of records and supporting the preparation of monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc reports in accordance with the Quality Management System (QMS) ;
- Participation in technical meetings as required ;
- Participating in ad hoc and scheduled safety, quality and environmental audits to ensure compliance with various safety, quality and environmental plans ;
- Assuming responsibility for engineering matters as defined by the Engineers Act ;
- Perform every other task compatible with your functions.
- Bachelor in civil engineering or construction engineering ;
- Master’s degree in civil engineering with structural specialization from a recognized Canadian or international university ;
- Registered Professional Engineer licensed to practice in the Province of Quebec or eligible to do so (OIQ) ;
- Minimum 10 years of relevant professional experience ;
- Certified as a Class A1 Bridge Inspector by the Quebec Ministère des Transports, Mobilité durable et Électrification des Transports (MTMDET) ( an asset) ;
- Advanced understanding of highway and bridge design, operation, maintenance and rehabilitation practices gained through practical experience on major projects ;
- Fluency in French and English is required ;
- Familiarity with public-private-partnership project agreements and the associated contractual relationships between project parties ;
- Excellent knowledge of asset management principles, information management systems, structural analysis and asset condition inspection.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.