Our client, a company over a hundred years old, specialized in the creation, manufacturing and sale of a wild range of jewelry ( medium and high range) is currently looking for a designer/ project manager – product development for his facilities In Montreal.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the company management, you will have as main mandate to coordinate and actively take part in the product development process, according to the orders schedule, in addition to acting as a representative of the company for all communications with the various stakeholders (internal and external) throughout the product development process, until production launch. As such, you will :
- Provide multifaceted project leadership for new product development efforts focusing on engineering, manufacturing, cost, and design aesthetic needs ;
- Serve as primary contact (owner) with internal talent, external contractors & vendors during development collaboration ;
- Responsible for following timeline ;
- Execute and maintain all product specific documentation as needed including project kits and supplemental documents ;
- Maintain systems as required (PLM, NAV’16) ;
- Execute technologically driven solutions to attain fundamental product improvements by improving product manufacturability, reducing manufacturing cost, increasing manufacturing capacity or improving product quality ;
- Support additional manufacturing and engineering-related initiatives as needed ;
- Perform every other task compatible with your functions.
- Bachelor in mechanical engineering, industrial design, DEC in mechanical engineering, industrial design or any other relevant training ;
- Demonstrated minimum 6 years of experience in new product development and/or manufacturing process improvement ;
- Proficient ability in a 3D design software like Rhinoceros 3D SolidWorks, Catia, Inventor, AutoCAD, Solid Edge, etc. ;
- Strong interpersonal skills ;
- Bilingualism ( french and english spoken and written) ;
- Ability to analyze complex engineering problems ;
- Proven ability to work within a minimal supervision, fast-paced environment ;
- Proficient Microsoft Office computer skills (specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint) ;
- Working knowledge of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) &Microsoft NAV’16 software ;
- 3-5 years of experience in Project Management will be an asset ;
- Working knowledge of InDesign/Illustrator/Photoshop will be an asset ;
- Knowledge of modern jewelry manufacturing techniques, precious metal metallurgy and/or investment casting added value.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.