Our client, a major property and casualty insurance provider in Canada, appearing on Kincentric's list of Best Employers in Canada, is currently looking for an IT supplying specialist.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the IT Director, your main mandate will be to develop supplying strategies. You will act as an advisor in strategic discussions and debates with external parties and multifunctional experts, with the aim of identifying and creating innovative solutions in partnership with third-party suppliers. You will need to act quickly in a changing environment and stay abreast of the latest products and services and market trends. As such, you will :
- Develop supply strategies for IT related initiatives and products necessary to support Intact's overall innovation strategies ;
- Leverage business intelligence and cost modeling to develop and support trading strategies ;
- Initiate / coordinate the call for tender’s process (RFX) relating to highly complex and high-risk transactions / agreements ;
- Establish and maintain partnerships with suppliers focused on total cost of ownership (TCO) and return on investment (ROI) ;
- Develop performance indicators (KPIs) for suppliers and service level agreements aimed at optimizing and creating value ;
- Support the implementation of continuous improvement projects in supply ;
- Perform every other task compatible with your functions ;
- Bachelor in engineering, finances or any other relevant training ;
- 5 to 15 years of general experience in supplying and suppliers research field , including 3 to 5 years in the information technology field ;
- Strong understanding of strategic procurement principles and procurement-to-payment (P2P) processes and ability to apply this knowledge to carrying out projects and optimizing strategies ;
- Excellent project management and communication skills ;
- Strong critical thinking, decision making, problem solving and attention to detail skills ;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both French and English.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.