Our client, a company recognized as leader in the manufacturing furniture industry in North America, is currently looking a product and innovation engineer.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the new product development manager, you will have as main mandate to act as a technical advisor beside the new product development department in order to ensure the new products in developement are manufacturable and to suggest new appropriate manufacturing processes and/or changes in the development of the new products. As such, you will :
- Realize engineering activities to support the innovation unit in collaboration with the manufacturing engineer ;
- Act as innovation projects technical leader such as the development of new manufacturing process, new assembly methods and new raw materials ;
- Act as a reference for the new product development team regarding new materials, new processes, etc. ;
- Ensure technological watch on components, materials, manufacturing processes or any other aspect relating to products ;
- Be responsible of the packaging design unit in continuous process improvment ;
- Supervise and support the innovation team in achievement of their goals ;
- Support the different department in their improvement and development projects ;
- Perform every other task compatibles with your functions.
- Bachelor in engineering in a relevant specialty ( mechanical engineering, industrial engineering, furniture engineering etc.) or any other relevant training ;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience ;
- Advanced skills in critical spirit and problems solving ;
- Be recognized as a natural leader and exel in personal management ;
- Being able to see the work to be done and which quickly makes the links between the different tasks and the different stakeholders ;
- Knowledges of a workflow management tool ;
- Good command of English written and spoken is desirable ;
- Having an interest in wood processing and furniture ;
- Knowledges in 3D design softwares.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.