Our client, a large manufacturing company specializing in the processing and sale of a wide range of inorganic chemicals is currently looking for its facilities located in Monteregie, a factory director.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the manufacturing ( located at the head office), you will have as main mandate to plan, organize, lead and control all the factory operations (including safety and environment compliance) in order to achieve the general operating objectives of the factory. As such, you will :
- Provides motivation, guidance and direction in all factory activities ;
- Manages and approves spending and financial controls ;
- Assures product quality and deliveries meet customers’ requirements ;
- Supervise production, maintenance and administration activities through your direct reports and lead HSE and engineering in coordination with the site HSE supervisor and the Engineering group representative ;
- Focus on Continuous Improvement in all aspects of the site operations including activities/projects to support value-addition and cost reductions ;
- Prepare periodic reports on production, spending, reliability, EHS, Capex, etc ;
- Supervise the regular maintenance, preventive and shutdown maintenance and prepare capital and period cost spending plans ;
- Review production orders and schedules to ensure material (type, quantity and specification) is available for scheduled orders ;
- Perform annual performance reviews and prepare SMART – (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Timely) site goals for direct reports ;
- Responsible for the overall safety performance at the site/plant ;
- Periodically audit work being performed to ensure that all company policies, standards and procedures are being followed ;
- Ensure timely reporting, investigation, and corrective action completion for all EHS incidents and findings ;
- Ensure site compliance with all federal, state and local regulatory requirements ;
- Assist in or provide resources for quality investigations, corrective actions and site visits / audits ;
- Ensure site compliance with ISO 9001 and RC140001 requirements ;
- Ensure customer satisfaction by ensuring the delivery of products on time;
- Oversee the site's capital expenditure program ;
- Perform every other task compatible with your functions.
- Bachelor in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering or any other relevant training ;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in management in the manufacturing / industrial sector ( chemical products factor will be an asset) ;
- • Excellent proven leadership, communication and interpersonal skills ;
- Ability to act independently and on one's own initiative ;
- Bilingualism in French and english ;
- Available to travel (5-10% maximum) to attend business activities and to provide turnaround support, if required.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.