Our client, a company specialized in the design and manufacture of traffic management systems aimed at improving the fluidity, safety and efficiency of road traffic, is currently looking a senior mechanical engineer.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the engineering director, you will have as main mandate to do the design, analysis and calculation, and to ensure compliance with the various industry standards for all the company’s products. In addition, you will be the mechanical reference of the company and you will supervise and be responsible for the work of a small mechanical team. Finally, you will carry out improvement projects, both in terms of current processes and / or products, and carry out technology watch, notably by taking part in research and development. As such, you will :
- Carry out the design and 3D developement of the mechanical systems (SolidWorks) ;
- Carry out analyses and structure calculation (anchoring) and mechanical components ;
- Perform mechanical design review ;
- Check and approve the 2d design for the manufacturing ;
- Ensure the prototype manufacturing follow-up ;
- Develop and execute mechanical systems test plans ;
- Develop solutions to technical problems on existing products ;
- Supervise the mechanical project development to respect quality standards ;
- Feasibility studies of project requests in collaboration with the director ;
- Ensure the updating of the project files (documents, reports, drawings, etc.) also with the computer system ;
- Perform every other task compatible with your functions.
- Bachelor in mechanical engineering ;
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience in design ;
- Be a member of l’Ordre des ingénieurs ;
- Excellent proficiency of the design software SolidWorks and in the Office Suite ;
- Excellent command of French written and spoken and an intermediate level in English ;
- Proficiency in finite element calculation (an asset) ;
- Be versatile and ready to touch on several aspects of engineering.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.